The First Baptist Church is located at 1101 Central Avenue and was charted November 16, 1887, with eleven members. The present church was built in 1915 after the congregation united with the Free Will Baptist Church. In 1946 the Hammond organ was installed in the sanctuary by donations from friends and parents as a memorial to the World War II veterans. The art glass windows in the auritorium beautify the building. The large windows are in a series of six representing birth, baptism, ministry, crucifixion and resurrection of the Savior.
Address: 1101 Central Avenue
Come visit us in Horton, Kansas