LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Freeport, Illinois

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Lindo Theater

This historic movie theater built in 1922 features first-run movies daily on six screens. The Lindo Theatre, designed by world famous Chicago architects and brothers, C.W. Rapp and George L. Rapp, opened on April 17, 1922. John Dittman, owner of several other Freeport theatres, constructed it.

Freeport, IL Historic Theatres

Stephenson County Historical Society Museum

This lovely museum is housed in an Italianate home built by Oscar and Malvina Taylor in 1857. The Taylor home was the social center of Freeport in its time and is currently listed on the National Register of Historic Places

Freeport, IL Museums

Silver Creek and Stephenson Railroad Antique Steam Train

All aboard the antique steam train, as a 36-ton 1912 Heisler steam locomotive pulls three cabooses, including an antique red caboose reported to be the oldest in the state, and a passenger flatcar for a 4

Freeport, IL Excursions

Lincoln The Debater Statue

The famous Lincoln The Debater Statue was designed by Leonard Crunelle of Chicago and was presented to Freeport at the 71st anniversary of the Lincoln-Douglas Debate on Aug. 27, 1929

Freeport, IL Arts

Silvercreek Museum

Operated by the Stephenson County antique engine club, which also operates the Silver Creek and Stephenson Railroad. Offers 28

Freeport, IL Museums

Things to do near Freeport, IL

The Old Market State Historic Site

The Old Market House, constructed in 1845-1846, was a center of Galena's community life during Galena's "Golden Era." The gre...

Plum Tree National Golf Club

Course Access: PublicHoles: 18Reserve Advance Tee Times: 24 days...

Burma Shave - Like Signs

Sublette was awarded the signs by Reminisce Magazine, the only such site in Illinois. Signs are approximately a half mile Sou...

Pride of Oregon

Authentic paddlewheel boats. 102 feet of elegance and charm. 150-passenger vessel docked at Maxson Riverside Restaurant....

Little White Schoolhouse Museum

Constructed in 1854 as a church, this Greek Revival building also served as a school house for nearly 50 years. A later addit...