The original portion of the Museum structure, in the Italiante Revival style, was built by Fremont's first mayor, Theron Nye. The Museum is an elegant, two-story brick residence originally constructed in 1874
Dodge County was established in 1856. Fontenelle was named temporary county seat, but Fremont won the
county seat designation in 1860. J.J. Hawthorn donated land for courthouse purposes in 1866. In 1867 the county built the first courthouse, a two-story brick structure. In December 188
Take yourself back in Fremont's history with a self-guided tour of Nye Avenue. View the beautifully designed homes boasting the different architectural styles of their period. There are over twenty-five houses within the confines of the proposed National Register District of Nye Avenue.