Visit the historic depots in the downtown district of Fremont in the vicinity of 1st and "D" Streets. There is the two-story brick Chicago & Northwestern Freight House built in 1903 after C&NW gained ... Depots
The J. D. McDonald House, built in 1888, is an excellent example of the Queen Anne style. While employing the
varied building materials and roof lines typical of Queen Anne architecture, this structure has a distinctive rounded
Take yourself back in Fremont's history with a self-guided tour of Nye Avenue. View the beautifully designed homes boasting the different architectural styles of their period. There are over twenty-five houses within the confines of the proposed National Register District of Nye Avenue.
This is the community's premier celebration, and is held three days in July. Activities take place throughout town and include a wide variety of entertainment, cultural presentations, historical re-enactments, food courts, live entertainment, craft booths, sporting events and more.
An example of the Greek Revival style, the house was built in 1869 in Fremont for Samuel Bullock, a prominent
interior decorator. In the 1890s the frame lean-to in the rear was replaced by a brick addition. The house was
The large two-story frame house, located in Fremont, exemplifies a transitional product of Queen Anne and
Neo-Classical Revival styles. Businessman R. B. Schneider, founder of the Nye, Schneider, Fowler Company,
grain dealers, built the house in 1887