LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Fremont, Nebraska

  • Fremont Lakes State Recreation Area

    Fremont Lakes State Recreation Area

    The Fremont Lakes State Recreation area just west of Fremont draws nearly a million visitors a year. The 700-acre site has 20 sandpit lakes that provide fishing, s...
    Fremont Lakes State Recreation Area

  • City Parks

    Barnard Park - Picnic tables, playground, restrooms. Clarkson Street and Military Avenue

    Buch Park - Playground and p...
    City Parks

  • Golf

    Valley View Golf Course - Clubhouse, range, carts. 1126 Country Road X (402) 721-7772

    Whitetail Run Golf Course - Clu...
    Golf

  • Hunting

    Tailfeathers, Inc. Hunting Preserve

    Guided and unguided hunts of pheasants, quail, and partridge in a variety of hun...
    Hunting

  • Sporting Clays

    Sensations

    Clay shooting range with "superior" machines including a 40' tower and a new rabbit double. Also on...
    Sporting Clays

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Depots

Visit the historic depots in the downtown district of Fremont in the vicinity of 1st and "D" Streets. There is the two-story brick Chicago & Northwestern Freight House built in 1903 after C&NW gained control of the Fremont, Elkhorn & Missouri Valley Railroad which began in 1869 (now the Fremont &

Fremont, NE Railroad History

J. D. McDonald House

The J. D. McDonald House, built in 1888, is an excellent example of the Queen Anne style. While employing the varied building materials and roof lines typical of Queen Anne architecture, this structure has a distinctive rounded

Fremont, NE National Register

Historic Visitors Center

The former Fremont Post Office building celebrated its opening August, 2000, as the new home to the Fremont Area Chamber of Commerce and several other non-profit agencies.

Fremont, NE Historic Post Offices

Ideal Steam Laundry

The original building was constructed in 1884 by Charles Osterman and George Tremaine, wholesale produce dealers in Fremont. The Ideal Steam Laundry, Johnson and Company, proprietors, moved into the building in 1894 and doubled the size of the structure in 1911

Fremont, NE National Register

Dodge County Courthouse

Dodge County was established in 1856. Fontenelle was named temporary county seat, but Fremont won the county seat designation in 1860. J.J. Hawthorn donated land for courthouse purposes in 1866. In 1867 the county built the first courthouse, a two-story brick structure. In December 188

Fremont, NE Historic Courthouses

Things to do near Fremont, NE

Lewis and Clark SRA Hunting

Hunting, in season, is allowed on the rec area, beginning the Tuesday after Labor Day, except that the Weigand-Burbach area i...