LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Old Gila County Jail

When Gila County moved its offices into the then new county courthouse in March, 1907, the county jail was housed in the rear of the ground floor. Shortly thereafter, it was apparent that the jail within the courthouse was insufficient to meet the needs of the county. On January 5, 1909

Globe, AZ Pioneer History

Besh-Ba-Gowah Archaeological Park

Besh-Ba-Gowah is an ancient ruin unlike the others. Here you are encouraged to walk within the rooms of this 700 year old pueblo, climb ladders into the upper stories, and see the utensils, pottery and furbishings that were a part of life in pre-Columbian times.

Globe, AZ Archaeology

Holy Angels Catholic Church

The Holy Angels Catholic Church is a Romanesque Revival Church with Mission Revival influences, with remarkable stained glass windows. Constructed between 1916 and 1918

Globe, AZ Historic Churches

Gila Bank Building

Built in 1909, the arching 22 ft. windows are a hallmark of Adler and Sullivan Architects of Chicago. Restored in the early 1990

Globe, AZ Historic Buildings

The Eder House

This Colonial Revival home was built in 1905 of unbaked adobe and has a hip roof and a full-width veranda. It was originally an 868 sq. ft. duplex with an outhouse in the back. The shake shingle roof was covered with sheets of corrugated metal, and newspapers dated 1938

Globe, AZ Historic Homes

Things to do Historic Buildings near Globe, AZ

Old Elks Lodge Building

On March 20, 1910, the cornerstone for the Elks Lodge was laid for the new building on Mesquite Street. The Italianate style...

Oddfellows Building

he Independent Order of Oddfellows Globe Lodge No. 6 was chartered in 1885. The brothers in good standing were the managers a...

Gila Bank Building

Built in 1909, the arching 22 ft. windows are a hallmark of Adler and Sullivan Architects of Chicago. Restored in the early ...

Arizona Edison Building

The exact construction date is unknown, but pictorial references verify this two story brick structure was built between 1905...