The Gragg Memorial and Benson Museum houses antique implements such as a 1901 International Thresher, a 1916 Tumley oil pull tractor, and Howard's first fire truck - a 1929 model with less than 800 miles.
The Benson Museum complex presents a comprehensive view of Elk County history. Other buildings include the Country Schoolhouse, originally Union Center (1912-68) and located 5 miles west of Howard. In 1899, Elk County had 74 school districts, 2,181 students and 88 teachers.
Teacher's Quarters, Mittie's Cottage, Heisler Honey House and Filling Station which was erected by the Kansas & Texas Oil Co., in 1920.
Hours: Open by appointment - Welcome!
Come visit us in Howard, Kansas