Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, downtown Marion was established in 1842. Commercial development began in 1870 on 50 acres donated by John Carson. The Marion Depot is an 1860s building recently renovated and is the oldest surviving depot on the Western Rail Line. Other interesting structures include four churches built between 1882 and 1935. Tour guide is available by reservation. Properties are open Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm and majority are open Sat 10 am-5 pm.
Come visit us in Marion, North Carolina