1899, 1940. Square, two-story brick designed in the Beaux Arts classical style with main facade having a five-bay-wide, three-story center block surmounted by a bellcast hip-roofed cupola and fronted by a two-story tetrastyle pedimented portico. Charlotte architects Hayden, Wheeler and Schwend designed the building, which was erected by Atlanta contractor Nicholas Ittner. Simple 1940 rear wings compatible with original structure. Listed in National Register 1979. No longer in use as the courthouse.
200 S. Center Street
Statesville, NC 28677
Come visit us in Statesville, North Carolina