1885, ca. 1935. Two-story brick, late Victorian building. Interior has hanging balcony along both side walls as well as built in shelving with bracketed cornice. This structure owned and operated as a hardware store in 1885 by W.A. Thomas, who turned the business over to others to go into manufacturing. In 1905 L. R. Lazenby and J. T. Montgomery, who were working there, bought the business and changed the name of the store. When Lazenby-Montgomery Hardware ceased operation in 1993, it was one of the oldest firms in continuous operation in Statesville.
110 W. Broad Street
Statesville, NC 28677
Come visit us in Statesville, North Carolina