LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Holton, Kansas

  • Swimming Pool

    Swimming PoolBuilt in 1936 as a WPA project, Holton's municipal pool is one of largest in the midwest with a 385,000 gallon pool. The pool underwent complete renovation in 1985, incorporating state-of-the-art heal...
    Swimming Pool
  • Banner Creek Reservoir

    Banner Creek ReservoirThis 535-Acre reservoir serves as a flood control structure and water supply for the City of Holton and rural water district No. 3. As you enjoy these recreational facilities, please help us to protec...
    Banner Creek Reservoir

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Roebke Historical Home

A companion house to the Jackson County Historical Museum, the Roebke Historical Home is a carefully restored turn-of-the-century home housing special exhibits, including an extensive collection of fine Victorian era clothing, a children's room, a lace room, and several other rooms.

Holton, KS Historic Homes

Sears Roebuck and Co. House

A Sears Roebuck and Co. concrete block house was featured in the 1908 General Catalog for $1,995.00. That amount allowed for paid labor for assembling the house. The concrete blocks were made on site with a Wizard of Buckeye Concrete Block Machine which were sold in the same catalog.

Holton, KS Historic Homes

Sterrett House

A two-story, brick home dating to the 1860s.

Holton, KS Historic Homes

Jackson County Historical Museum

The Jackson County Historical society Museum contains one of the finest volunteer-run collections in Kansas. Authentic, detailed exhibits are changed monthly.

Holton, KS Museums

Hotel Josephine

Hotel Josephine is a reminder of the days when 14 passenger trains daily served the Holton community. The hotel was built by prominent Holtonian A.D. Walker in 1889 who financed construction of the two story red brick building by selling stock subscriptions to fellow townspeople.

Holton, KS Historic Buildings

Things to do near Holton, KS

Pony Express Memorial

This memorial commemorates the Pony Express route that briefly passed through Atchson County. "On September 14, 1861, the ...