LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Holy Family Catholic Church


category : Historic Churches
Holy Family Catholic Church The construction of this native stone church was the result of the original frame church burning. The cornerstone of this church was laid August 27, 1899 in the new native rock structure measuring 44 by 100 feet. The building, a combination of Roman and Gothic architecture, was contracted by V. Bauer of Horton, Kansas who employed home workmen only. Much of the work and material was donated by both Catholics and non-Catholics. The church was dedicated on December 19, 1899.


Address: 1st and Kansas Avenue

Come visit us in Alma, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Wabaunsee County Court House

This beautiful building was constructed in 1931. It is constructed of Carthage and native stone. The Carthage stone, used on the outside for facing, gives the appearance of a granite building. All outside walls are backed up with eight inches of native stone.

Alma, KS Historic Courthouses

Wabaunsee Co. Historical Society & Museum

A focal point for visitors near and far. The museum features turn-of- the-century farm exhibits, a blacksmith shop, leather-making display, an early day doctor's office, an 1880 schoolroom, a 1928

Alma, KS Museums



Eck/Stratton Residence

The gingerbread trim home was built by Mr. Eck, who was a lumberman in Alma. It was built in 1904 and features a turret room, a tower resembling a castle, and original lap siding.

Alma, KS Famous Homes

Things to do Historic Churches near Alma, KS