The Rural Dale School which was located east of LeRoy, Kansas in Coffey County, was recently donated to the Coffey County Museum by Irene Woods.
The 1896 school house has been moved next to the Museum and is currently undergoing restoration. Restoration should be completed early in 1997.
The St. Francis Xavier Church is one of Burlington's older churches, built in 1901. It replaced a frame building built in 1871.Parishioners excavated a basement beneath the existing building in 1954 and outfitted it as a church hall.
Mass was offered by missionary priests as early as 1859
In early Coffey County history, farmers brought their wheat to this well-known Burlington landmark situated at the east end of Kennebec Street.
The elevator building is all that remains of the Excelsior Water Mills, built in 1869