Food Service/Picnic Area Available The 1872 Courthouse museum displays artifacts dating 1840s-1920s of the Jackson County area. The Mary Woods No. 2 is a restored sternwheel paddleboat, which was used on the White River until the late 1960s. Camping, picnic area with playground, swimming beach, riverwalk trail and boat ramp. Interpretive programs available. With its strategic position near the Mississippi and Arkansas Rivers, Jacksonport was occupied by both Confederate and Union armies during the war and served as the headquarters for five generals. Jacksonport was the site of the June 5, 1865 surrender of the Confederate Army of Northern Arkansas.
Come visit us in Newport, Arkansas