The one-story limestone school building, located just north of the John M. Daniel House, was constructed about 1884-86.
The original structure had a flat roof; in 1919 a gabled roof was added. Built by John Daniel, the school operated for approximately sixty-seven years. The school and house are all that remain of the village of Estelle, and are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The house and school are located in the rural Hayes Center area in the Hamlet vicinity.
Come visit us in Hayes Center, Nebraska