Junction City, Kansas
Upcoming Events in Junction City Kansas
Annual Sundown Salute's Rat Race
- Come join the fun and help support Junction City's Sundown Salute celebration. Race time: 7 pm. Dinner begins at 6 pm: hamburger or hot dog, bag of chips and soft drink.
Address: Municipal Building, 700 N. Jefferson. , Junction City, Kansas
Annual Rotarian Polio Plus Golf Tournament
- 4-MAN SCRAMBLE at Rolling Meadows Golf Course. Registration at 8 am. Shotgun start at 9 am. Breakfast & lunch provided with beverage. Drinks provided on course.
Ph: 785-223-4210 (Always call and confirm events)
ESPN Bassmasters Series Tournament
- Address: Milford Lake (Thunderbird Marina) , Junction City, Kansas
Ph: 785-238-2885 (Always call and confirm events)
|9 - 10||
Cabela's KSU Ahearn Fishing Tournament
- This multi-species fishing tournament is one of the largest fishing events in Kansas.
Address: Mildford State Park , Junction City, Kansas
Pasta 58 Bike Tour
- Pizza Hut and JCRD are excited to offer the Pasta 58 again this year. The ride begins in JC, travels through Chapman and Abilene and ends back in JC. Three SAG stops will be provided. Feel free to ride all or part of the course. Tandems are welcome and helmets are highly recommended. It will start at 9:00 a.m.
Address: Municipal Building , Junction City, Kansas
Wildflower Celebration and Sale
- Bring moms out to celebrate the beauty of wildflowers and enjoy some Mother's Day activities. As an added bonus, wildflowers also attract butterflies and hummingbirds. This program is sponsored by the Milford Friends Group. The times for this event are 1:00-4:00 p.m. at the Milford Nature Center.
Address: Milford Nature Center , Junction City, Kansas
"Walk A Mile In Her Shoes"
- The "It’s About Me," Breast Cancer Awareness Association a 501 (c) 3 is hosting its annual "Walk A Mile In Her Shoes" 5K walk/run on May 12, 2012 from 8 AM to 12(noon) at Heritage Park located at 6 & Washington. There will be free refreshments, drinks, awards and goody bags. The walkers and runners will be led by Drum Line and the Baby JC's. The Guardians of the Ribbon, Inc of the Wichita Area Chapter will have their Pink Fire Truck at the event. Music will be provided by DJ Hicks Production and there will be Face Painting, Playground equipment and other fun activities. Special recognition for Breast Cancer Survivors to include a Butterfly Release.
The cost is $20 per person until May 4 and $25 per person after May 4. The cost is $10 per child/children 5t until May 4 and $15 after May 4. The cost is $15 per child/children 10t until May 4 and $20 after May 4. Only the Team Captains and Individuals are to report to the registration table. Registration began at 8 AM and the walk and run will start at 9 AM.
Walking and running bids will be available for those who would like to wear them. Men who are participating in this event are strongly encouraged to be sponsored to walk in women’s high heels. All other participants are welcome to wear casual walking shoes or high heels. Parents with child/children in a stroller are welcome to participate.
The awards are: Best Children's Decorated Shoes (female and male), Best Men's High Heel (1st and 2nd prize), Best Outfit Theme (Team and Individual) and Most Money Raised (Team and Individual).
For a registration form or for additional information, please call our office at (785) 238-8170. Registration forms are also located at iambcaa.org.
Address: Information is listed in Event Description , Junction City, Kansas
|21 - 22||
Women's Annual Fishing Tournament
- Friday at 6:00 will be the pre-meeting/dinner. Saturday from 7:00am-2:00p.m.
Address: Milford Lake- Rolling Hills. , Junction City, Kansas
|28 - 18||Music in the Park - EVERY FRIDAY, 7PM - Bring a lawn chair and listen to great music! Hosted by the Arts Council, enjoy evenings of great entertainment under the stars at Heritage Park.|
|28 - 29||Annual Kansas Wildscape's Fishing & Golf Tournament - Kansas Wildscape is excited to announce this year's Governor's Fishing & Golfing Classic will be held in Juncton City. Event information, along with a schedule and registration are available online and by email.|
Milford Lake Walleye Tournament
- For more detailed information to to www.kansaswalleye.org
Art in the Park
- Artists, crafters, musicians, entertainment, and food vendors in lovely, historic Heritage Park. Start the day with a colorful 2K run. Come back to the park and enjoy artists and food and local talent. Enter your creation to win a prize in the family/friends team Lego Sculpture Contest.
Address: 6th and Washington , Junction City, Kansas
Geary County Historical Gala
- An old-fashioned home town social celebrating local history with song dance & great food.
Ph: 78-238-1666 (Always call and confirm events)
Coors Freedom Run
- The Coors Freedom Run is a 10k/5k Run. 7:00 AM,
(Registration for both races begins at 5:30am)
8:30 AM One Mile Fun Run 5th & Jefferson.
Proceeds from this event will be donated to Sundown Salute Celebration held concurrently with the run.
|23 - 26||Sundown Salute - Come celebrate the annual largest FREE Independence Day celebration in Kansas. Features Carnival, Vendors, National Recording Artist, Local and Regional Music, Crafters, Car Show, and Fireworks on the 4th. COORS FREEDOM RUN on the 4th. 10 K run, cash prizes.|
|25 - 23||Music in the Park - EVERY FRIDAY, 7PM - Bring a lawn chair and listen to great music! Hosted by the Arts Council, enjoy evenings of great entertainment under the stars at Heritage Park.|
|5 - 8||
Geary County Free Fair
- Come out and see livestock, arts & crafts, photography and much more. Features "Barnyard Olympics" and events the whole family will enjoy.
Address: Geary County Fairgrounds, 1107 S. Spring Valley Road. , Junction City, Kansas
Catfish Chasers Fall Classic Fishing Tournament
7am to 4pm
Saturday, September 10
Don't Miss This One!!! Teams of two will compete in this two day event. Catfish Chasers are a couple of Kansas guys who are trying to bring a different perspective on competitive catfish angling. Through input from our fellow fishermen and women, we have created a tournament series that is geared toward the everyday fisherman. Where it is not entirely based on money, but also about furthering one's knowledge through friendly competition. Come out and enjoy the fun!
Entry forms and more info in link below.
Address: Milford Lake Marina (Old Rush Creek) 4312 State Park Rd , Junction City, Kansas
|17 - 18||
Jammin' in JC Blues & BBQ Festival
- Blues and BBQ...it's a winning combination! Music will fill the air when Jammin' in JC Blues & BBQ Festival brings Texas Style Blues and a four category BBQ contest to historic downtown Junction City.
Friday: 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.; Saturday: Noon - 10:00 p.m.
Blues bands will feature local, regional and nationally known artists. This year's lineup includes Mr. Sipp, The Slide Brothers, Little G Weevil, South Side Souls, Levee Town, Terry Quiett Band, Back Porch Blues Band, and Steve Fansler Band. The event kicks off Friday night starting at 5:00 p.m. in Heritage Park. Saturday begins with the BBQ contest. Four divisions will be judged (chicken, beef brisket, pork ribs and pulled pork). Bring your lawn chairs or blankets! No alcohol, coolers or pets are allowed; however food, soft drinks and beer will be available for sale at the event. No tickets needed - Free Admission! For band schedule and BBQ entry, please visit www.jammininjc.com for more information.
Friday, September 26th
Kansas Bands Night
5:00 PM Back Porch Blues Band (Topeka)
6:45 PM Terry Quiett Band (Wichita)
8:15 PM Levee Town (Kansas City)
Saturday, September 27th
12:00 PM Steve Fansler Band (Chapman, KS)
1:30 PM South Side Souls
3:00 PM Barbecue Contest Awards Ceremony
3:30 PM Little G Weevil
5:30 PM Mr. Sipp (The Mississippi Blues Child)
8:00 PM The Slide Brothers
785.238.8069 or 785.238.2885
|18 - 19||
Sunflower International Harvester Reunion
- Annual. International Harvester vehicles, implements, and collectibles on display. Arts/crafts, antiques, swap meet, and food. 8am-3pm.
Address: 1107 S Spring Valley Rd, Geary County Fairgrounds , Junction City, Kansas
|25||Annual - Junction City Arts Council presents the 3rd annual "Happy Days" Car Show. October 1, 2016 from 8am-2pm in Junction City, KS. 135 W. 7th St. Registration is $20 per entry (includes one meal ticket.) Enjoy music, entertainment, old friends and new. Awards include: Best in Show, Mayor's Trophy, People's Choice Award, President's Trophy and Top 10 Awards.|
Monster Myths by Moonlight
- Explore nature trail by moonlight and learn the truth about spiders, snakes, bats and other Halloween monsters. Hay Rack Rides, entertainment, and food. Bring your flashlights & wear your costumes.
Address: Milford Nature Center , Junction City, Kansas
Holiday Kick-Off Christmas Parade
- Christmas Parade, Lighting of Heritage Park, Christmas Tree Auction and Santa's arrival for the holiday season. The parade will start at 5:30 p.m. from High School parking lot to Heritage Park then left on Washington to 8th Street.
Santa will flip the switch to turn on the Christmas lights. Children will then be welcome to visit with him in his house at the corner of Heritage Park by the arch.
Ph: 785-762-2632 (Always call and confirm events)
Christmas at the Museum
- Geary County Historical Museum holiday open house and community social focusing on Christmas customs and activities of the past.
Address: 530 N Adams , Junction City, Kansas