Located 3.5 miles northwest of Council Grove. Fisherman will be hooked on the bass, walleye, catfish, and crappie, in this well stocked 500 acre lake. A public boat ramp, beach, and picnic areas are a... Council Grove City Lake
Located on East Main Street. This park is a great place to have lunch in the shade and visit some of Council Grove's historic sites including the old Cowboy Jail, built in 1871, playground, picnic fac... Durland Park
"A trail passing through paradise". A 115 mile gravel and wood chip covered trail for non-motorized recreation passes through Council Grove between Osawatomie and Herington, Kansas. Council Grove is a... Flint Hills Nature Trail / Rails to Trails
Like its name warns, this store was once the "last chance" for travelers on the Santa Fe Trail to buy supplies for their journey to New Mexico. Built in 1857, the limestone structure is the oldest commercial building in Council Grove and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places
Perched high on a hill overlooking the town and Neosho River valley below, this bell was erected in 1866 to warn townsfolk of Indian raids. It also served as a school and church bell for nearly 30 years.
This 300-year-old bur oak (just the trunk remains) served as the unofficial post office for travelers on the Santa Fe Trail from 1825-1847. Passing caravans could leave messages for future travelers in a cache in the base of the tree. A stone building erected in 1864
This building houses the two-story Atkinson Log House, constructed in 1858 on Clark's Creek near Large Spring near Latimer, and moved to this site in 1996. It is one of the two oldest wooden structures known to remain in Morris County.