El Dorado's first library was built in 1912 from locally quarried hand-cut, native white limestone. Topped with the Spanish tiled roof, the library was funded in part by Andrew Carnegie. Listed on the... Carnegie Library Building
The El Dorado Missouri-Pacific Depot began as a wooden structure in 1883 in a town of less than 2,000 people. It served as a center of activity and development for the community with news being brought in by train and other news transferred by the telegraph located at the depot.
El Dorado has been home to Butler Community College since it was founded in 1927. The then El Dorado Junior College was originally housed within the town's Junior High School. Today the college is located at the southwest corner of Haverhill and Towanda. The El Dorado campus is home to 256
The El Dorado Broncos are the summer collegiate baseball team in El Dorado. The team plays a 50-plus game schedule during June, July and August. They play all of their home games at McDonald Stadium in El Dorado.
The team moved to El Dorado in 1996