The Casino is owned by the Kickapoo Tribe in Kansas, located 6 miles West of Horton, KS on Highway 20. It's Las Vegas style gaming at a friendly pace. Come, stay as long as you like, our "boat" never ... Golden Eagle Casino
In 1901, the History and Literature Club, which had been organized in 1891, wrote a letter to Andrew Carnegie requesting his help in creating a public library in Horton. This encouraged Federated Women's Clubs to get a tax levy for establishing a library and in 1938
The Horton Post Office was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1989. The two murals on the Walls, "Picnic in Kansas" and "Changing of Horses for the Pony Express" were painted by Colorado artist, Kenneth Evett in 1938 and 1939
The cornerstone for the present church was laid August 4, 1915 and the structure was dedicated May 15, 1916 by the Most Reverend Bishop Ward of Leavenworth in the presence of 25 priests, Abbot Innocent Wolf, O.S.B. of Atchison and a vast congregation.
The Sanctuary of St. Leo'