The course, 9 holes with grass greens, was one of the first in southwest Kansas with an underground sprinkler system and bluegrass fairways. It\'s located at Louck\'s Park.
... Lakin Municipal Golf Course
Lakin originated as one of the early stops on the Santa Fe Railroad from Dodge City to Colorado in 1872. This depot, constructed in 1876, replaced the original boxcar depot. The depot was moved to the museum site and restored in 1984.
Mr. James Thomas, grandson of the O'
The Kearny County Historical Society has purchased the old, 12-sided barn on the west edge of Lakin. It was restored at its present site, and then moved to a foundation at the Museum Complex in 2001.
The barn was built in 1909