LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Katy Hamman Stricker Library


category : Museums
Katy Hamman Stricker Library Built in 1909 by the American Women's League (AWL), the building was the first AWL Chapter House in Texas and one of the first four built in the country. The design incorporates progressive turn-of-the-century "Prairie School" architecture led by Frank Lloyd Wright, and many of the original mission furniture remains. The Chapter House was named the Katy Hamman-Stricker Library in 1939 by the Calvert Woman's Club. Today, the facility is a museum as well as a library and community center.


Hours: Thurs. & Sat. 1 - 3 p.m.
Address: 404 E. Mitchell St.

Come visit us in Calvert, Texas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Katy Hamman Stricker Library

Built in 1909 by the American Women's League (AWL), the building was the first AWL Chapter House in Texas and one of the first four built in the country. The design incorporates progressive turn-of-the-century "Prairie School"

Calvert, TX Museums

Episcopal Church of the Epiphany

The Episcopal Church of the Epiphany was built in 1869

Calvert, TX Historic Churches

Hammond House

The Hammond House was originally built in 1876 to be a courthouse and jail. In 1870

Calvert, TX Historic Homes

Historic Homes Tour

A self-guided driving tour through the National Historic District describes the history and architectural features of each historic home. The Historic District within Calvert encompasses 37 complete and 9

Calvert, TX Tours

Annie's Doll House Museum

Annie's Doll House Museum displays a fine collection of antique dolls and toys. Tours welcome with appointment;

Calvert, TX Museums

Things to do Museums near Calvert, TX

Layland Museum

The Layland Museum is located in the handsome 1904 Carnegie Library listed on the National Register of Historic Places...

U.S. Veterans Museum- FREE ADMISSION

A great tribute to our veterans from almost every war in American History. Weapons dating back to the War of 1812, Civil War ...

Heritage Museum

The former home of J. K. Elkins and Mr. and Mrs. William Browning became the Yoakum Heritage Museum in 1982. San Antonio and ...