After a spirited disagreement the county seat was moved from Lowell to Minden, and a frame building was erected on this site in 1879. The cornerstone of the present building was laid July 17, 1906. George A. Burlinhof was the architect, and the contractor was Shaul and Assenmacher of Sencea, Kansas. It is finished in Bedford stone and has marble floors, stairways and wainscoting. The famous Christmas lighting was begun in 1915, and the custom has been interupted only twice: in 1942-44, and during the energy crisis of 1974-75. The Christmas Pageant has been a highlight of the Christmas season since 1946.
Address: Located in the Town Square
(5th and Colorado)
Phone: (308) 832-1811
Come visit us in Minden, Nebraska