This sculpture on Main Street is on display for all to admire and to reflect on the history and contributions of those who gave of themselves for the growth of our cities and our country.
"The Farmer - He Feeds the World" - Sculptor, Tasso Pitsiri
Located above the sculpture is "
The Chisholm Trail was named after Jesse Chisholm (1805 - 1868), a mixed-blood Cherokee guide and trader. Chisholm had moved goods and cattle over a part of the route and travelers began referring to it as Chisholm's Trail.
Among the many sites of interests in and around Kingfisher, one is the Historical Home of Senator George and Edna Bowman. Mrs. Bowman, still residing in the home is always ready to share the history and story of their life in Kingfisher and in Oklahoma.
This building was constructed in 1900 by the Anheuser Busch Brewing Association of St. Louis, Missouri.
In 1922, the building was restored similar to its original appearance by Pioneer Telephone Cooperative, Inc.
The Chisholm Trail Museum, named for Jesse Chisholm, is situated directly on the Chisholm Trail and presents artifacts from the historic Chisholm cattle trail. See, first hand, items and their history and Kingfisher's place within.