La Crosse, Kansas
Upcoming Events in La Crosse Kansas
Benefit for the Nekoma One-Room School Project
A gala event featuring
a gourmet meal and live entertainment
for you and your special guest
February 2014 - (date & time to be announced)
La Crosse Country Club, La Crosse
St.Patrick's Parade & Celebration
- RUSH CENTER KS -- 8 MINUTES FROM LA CROSSE KS
Come enjoy this Irish celebration - Kansas Style
For 27 years, the community of Rush Center has invited you to “Come be Irish for the day!” Join us and see why we say, “There are only two kinds of people in the world, the Irish and those who wish they were.”
Enjoy a variety of local food vendors, games, Bingo, and live entertainment in a festive family atmosphere. Be sure to try our homemade Irish Stew and all the fixins.
Rush Center's St. Patrick's Day Celebration
- Enjoy fun, games, an old-fashioned Irish Stew dinner,
and the largest St. Patrick's Day parade in the area.
This is held at Rush Center Kansas which is under 3
miles from La Crosse, KS..
Ph: 785-222-2511 (Always call and confirm events)
|28 - 30||
Annual Kansas Barbed Wire Collectors Super Show
- Once a year, on the first weekend in May, collectors from across the country gather in La Crosse, Kansas to buy, sell, and trade artifacts from our nation's past; barbed wire. The Barbed Wire Swap and Sell is one of many conventions held across the United States for barbed wire collectors.
The main focus of the convention is the sale and trade of barbed wire samples, however, other items may also be showcased including carved limestone, railroad memorabilia, antiques, and craft items.
The Barbed Wire Festival was originally born out of a small display of barbed wire in the Post Rock Museum. When museum staff observed that a large number of visitors collected the unusual fencing material, they decided to bring those collectors together.
In 1967, La Crosse hosted the first ever convention of barbed wire collectors with 2000 people in attendance giving La Crosse the distinction of being the “Barbed Wire Capital of the World™”.
FOR MORE GREAT INFORMATION GO TO LINK BELOW
Address: LaCrosse City Auditorium , La Crosse, Kansas
|9 - 10||
- Come join the fun at Jack Wilson Mustang Arena for the top rated KPRA sanctioned rodeo in the state.
=========THIS IS A GOOD ONE FOLKS - DON'T MISS IT ! ! ! ! =============
McCracken is a small community located approximately 20 minutes from LaCrosse, KS. A reliable contact is typically the McCracken Library. 2PM-5PM Monday-Friday, 7PM-9PM Wednesday and 10AM-12PM Saturday. Library telephone, 785-394-2444.
Address: Jack Wilson Mustang Arena-McCracken,KS , La Crosse, Kansas
|28 - 31||
Rush County Fair
- Enjoy an old-fashioned county fair with 4-H exhibits, animals and shows. Experience thrills and fun for the entire family at our locally-owned carnival featuring games, rides,concessions and live entertainment.
LINK TO MORE FAIR INFORMATION
Annual Fall Fest Car & Cycle Show ---- AND MORE !
10th Annual Fall Fest featuring...
*CarS *Pickups *Cycles *Tractors *Small Engines
*Craft Fair *Swap Meet *“Hot Rod Hotties *DJ Music
Top 20 Cars Best Ford Best GM Best Mopar Peoples Choice Ladies Choice Original Pickup Vintage Pre-1940
Top 3 Tractors
Top 3 Motorcycles
Historical Society Award
FOR REGISTRATION AND MORE INFORMATION www.rushcounty.org/Events/Fallfest/index.html
Alternate Date in case of bad weather: September 27
Address: Grass Park, 422 W 10th , La Crosse, Kansas
|30 - 2||
Barbed Wire Symposium
- Come learn about the finer points of collecting Barbed Wire. Kansas Barbed Wire Museum.
Address: 120 West 1st Street. , La Crosse, Kansas
Holiday Kickoff and Lighting Ceremony
- Chamber of Commerce.
Address: Pride Park , La Crosse, Kansas