Lake Orion, Michigan
Upcoming Events in Lake Orion Michigan
Rec 101: Intro to Ice Fishing
- This exciting, family-friendly event will include ice fishing instruction and demonstration, and maybe a little intro to fly fishing as well. Instructors will explain all the gear needed, how to drill a hole in the ice, and where to find the best fish.
All the gear, guides, & good times are provided FREE! The event will take place whether there is ice or not – it may just have to be on land.
Meet at the Hearth Shelter, located off E. Greenshield Road, between Kern and Lapeer Roads at 1 pm. Watch for signs to direct you. A Recreation Passport is required for park entry.
American Doll Luncheon & Expo
- The luncheon will include a lunch buffet, pink punch and cake pops. The girls will also make a winter craft! The luncheon times are 11 am & 2 pm. The expo will run from 10 am to 4 pm.
Please call 248-391-1900 for reservations or visit our website www.kingscourtcastle.com
Address: 2325 Joslyn Ct. , Lake Orion, Michigan
Rec 101: Intro to Archery
- Are you looking for some instruction on Archery? Join the DNR and local high school instructors for this free, hands-on demo of the sport of archery. You will receive a step-by-step introduction to the basics of archery safety, terminology, what equipment to use and how to hold the bow. Plus there’ll be lots of shooting time at the end in a relaxed and fun atmosphere.
Two sessions are being offered: 10 am-noon and 1pm-3pm.
Meet at the Archery Range at the Shooting Range on Kern Road between Greenshield & Clarkston. Because this event is being held on National Public Lands Day, the requirement of having a Recreation Passport for park entry is being waived for this day only.
Owl Prowl at Bald Mountain State Recreation Area
- If you've never seen a real owl up close, or for that matter even heard one, then you don't want to miss out on this fascinating nature walk.
Join our naturalist on a 30-45 minute walk along the woods. Owls will be called ... listen closely to see if they respond. Hopefully you'll see one up on his perch, wide-eyed and regal as he surveys his woods. After the hike, stick around for s'mores and storytelling around the bonfire.
Meet at the Hearth Shelter, located off E. Greenshield between Kern and Lapeer. Watch for the signs to direct you. Wear comfortable shoes and dress for the weather, as you will be outside for the duration.
Event is held rain or shine. Bring something to drink, a roasting stick if you have one, camp chair, flashlight or miner's cap and a great outdoor nature story to share. No pre-registration is required.
Owl Prowls are taking place state-wide this year. Visit www.michigan.gov/stateparks to find the one nearest you.
Canterbury Village Doll Expo
- Several vendors will be displaying all types of dolls. American Girl, antique dolls, and Reborn Dolls, as well as accessories. The show will be held from 11 am to 5 pm.
Address: 2369 Joslyn Ct. Lake Orion MI 48360 , Lake Orion, Michigan