LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Charlie's Ruts

About four miles east of Lakin on highway 50

Lakin, KS Pioneer History

Historic O'Loughlin House

The O'Loughlin house was called, "The Little White House", as it was the largest building in the town and was the center for social gatherings, church services, meetings and housed visiting dignitaries. The White House is the oldest two-story house in Lakin. It was built in 1875

Lakin, KS Museums

Columbian School House

The Columbian Schoolhouse, built in 1893, was named after the Columbian Exposition held in Chicago. Later shortened to Columbia, the school conducted its last class approximately 1945. This one room school was moved to the museum site from 15 miles north of Lakin and restored in 1984.

Lakin, KS Historic Schoolhouses

Round Red Barn

The Kearny County Historical Society has purchased the old, 12-sided barn on the west edge of Lakin. It was restored at its present site, and then moved to a foundation at the Museum Complex in 2001. The barn was built in 1909

Lakin, KS Historic Buildings

Loucks Municipal Park

Sunshine and fresh air abound at Loucks Municipal Park, two miles west of Lakin on U.S. HWY 50. Donated by Charles A. and Rhonda Loucks in 1950, Loucks is an 80

Lakin, KS Recreation

Things to do Golf Courses near Lakin, KS