LeRoy, Kansas

LeRoy, Kansas

The Troxells settled at LeRoy in 1854, followed by others in 1855. LeRoy was called Scott Town by the Indians. It was incorporated in 1865. General John Benoni Scott had the first trading post and was postmaster of the first post office in the county. in 1900, a fire at LeRoy destroyed all the city's records except those of the city treasurer.

LeRoy is located in southern Coffey County, six miles east of Highway 75 on State Highway 57, fourteen miles south of Burlington.

Attractions and Upcoming Events

The First National Bank of LeRoy

The bank, constructed in the late 1800

LeRoy, KS Historic Buildings

The Crandall Ranch

The Crandall Ranch west of LeRoy is home to descendents of the oldest herd of Purebred Angus cattle in the United States. The progenitors of the herd were brought to Lake Forest, Illinois from Aberdeen, Scotland, by Mrs. Maude Crandall's grandfather, James Anderson, and his partner 105

LeRoy, KS Historic Buildings

The Bank of Aliceville

Time has stood still for the Farmers State Bank in Aliceville. It has been in business since 1908. The ornate oak tellers'

LeRoy, KS Historic Buildings

Things to do near LeRoy, KS

Ice Barn and McFarland Lake

Ice was harvested from the McFarland Lake and stored in this lovely old stone barn built in 1896. It was built for James M...

Strip Pit Cabins

The MLWA offers two modern rental cabins as an alternative to tent and RV camping. The cabins are located on Unit 30 of the w...

Linn Valley Lakes

Linn Valley Lakes is considered a 3rd class city offering a beautiful Private Lake Community with seven stocked lakes, 18-hol...