This cross was erected in 1950 by the Kansas Knights of Columbus to honor Father Juan Padilla who accompanied Coronado to Kansas in 1541. He returned in 1542
The historic Rice County Courthouse built of red brick and featuring a four directional clock tower was built in 1910
Sponsored by the Rice County Historical Society, the Coronado Quivira Museum has on display artifacts representing the Quiviran Indian culture, Coronado's journey to this area in 1541, the Santa Fe Trail, 1821 to 1872, and Rice County, 1902
In 1863, "Buffalo" Bill Mathewson opened a trading post next to Cow Creek Crossing. His hand-dug, 34
Proudly displayed on the Northeast corner of the Lyons Town Square stands the Memorial erected in 1918 to commenorate the service of our Union Soldiers - "Lest We Forget".
Course Access: Semi-PrivateHoles: 18Reserve Advance Tee Times: Yes...
A five foot high exemplary sample of petrified wood. Over 24 inches in diameter, stands imbedded in the sidewalk on Main Stre...