Dr. Hansard sold the west section of his property on Washington Street for the construction of St. Patrick's Catholic Church in 1901. The house was built circa 1872 and is now privately owned and bea... The Hansard House
When the First Christian Church (aka Pierce City Christian Church) in Pierce City closed, its board decided to give the building to the community for a library. The building served as Pierce City's public library from 1933-2000
Theron Bennett, nationally known ragtime composer, lived in Pierce City until returning from college 1902 when he left to begin a career where his unseen future would become the past that we can now recall as his successful contribution to the music world.
The United Methodist Church was built in 1881 at a location a few blocks north of its present location in 1903. Originally in the 1870s, the Methodist Episcopal Church and the Methodist Episcopal Church, South groups met in homes until both were able to build in 1881. In 1903
The Chapman School was built in 1884 and originally located on the Chapman property about 2 miles from the Park. First called the "Hazel Hill," the school was later renamed "Hazel Dell," and eventually "Chapman." When it was closed in 1951