The bandstand was damaged in the May 4, 2003, tornado but the base still stands in its original location on Walnut Street. The historic bandstand was rebuilt with a red roof (its original color) and rededicated in May 2004.
When the First Christian Church (aka Pierce City Christian Church) in Pierce City closed, its board decided to give the building to the community for a library. The building served as Pierce City's public library from 1933-2000
Up to 1883 all Catholics in the area belonged to St. Patrick's Church which was organized in 1871. But owing to the increased immigration of the Germans and Poles, some of these members requested Bishop Hogan for a parish of their own. The first St. Mary'
The Chapman School was built in 1884 and originally located on the Chapman property about 2 miles from the Park. First called the "Hazel Hill," the school was later renamed "Hazel Dell," and eventually "Chapman." When it was closed in 1951