Macksville, Kansas

George E. Mack received a land grant after serving in the U.S. Army in the Civil War. He pitched his tent in western Stafford County in 1877 among other settlers. He donated sites for a Methodist Church and parsonage, and a city park, and built himself a house with shipped-in lumber. On May 26th 1879 he was appointed Postmaster. In 1885, the town was platted, and the arrival of the Santa Fe railroad made the town blossom.

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Things to do near Macksville, KS

Congregation Church

Built in 1913, the Congregational Church was later sold to the United Brethren and is still standing although it is now owned...