The Wolf Butterfield House served as a way station for the Butterfield Stage Line started by David Butterfield in 1865. The limestone house contained dining and sleeping faciltities as well as a tavern for stage line patrons.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Carnegie Library was built in 1904 with the help of a $10,000 grant from Andrew Carnegie.
The building is located just to the west of the Courthouse and now houses the county attorney's office.
The Marianna Kistler Beach Museum of Art offers an in-depth look at Kansas art and brings art and artists from around the world to the heart of Kansas. This 25,000 sq. ft. facility is home to KSU's permanent art collection. Since its establishment in 1928, this collection has grown to over 7,000
Founded in 1863 as the nation's first land grant college, Kansas State University is a nationally recognized comprehensive university with more than 200 undergraduate programs, 60 master's degree programs, and 40 doctoral programs. More than 20,000 students and 1,200