Take a peek at the past through changing exhibits on Riley County history and in the photographs, manuscripts, letters, diaries and records of our research library.
Included in the Museum Complex is the 1855 prefabricated Hartford House, the Randolph Jail, and the Goodnow House.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places the dominating limestone Courthouse was completed in 1906, built by Topeka contractor, J.B. Betts, and local contractor, Clarence Johnson. The citizens pledged $1,000 for the tower clock.
The Marianna Kistler Beach Museum of Art offers an in-depth look at Kansas art and brings art and artists from around the world to the heart of Kansas. This 25,000 sq. ft. facility is home to KSU's permanent art collection. Since its establishment in 1928, this collection has grown to over 7,000
State Fishing Lake No. 2.is located about four miles northeast of Manhattan. Pottawatomie Lake #2 is a scenic lake of about 75 acres that holds nice populations of crappie, largemouth bass and bluegill. The lake also produces impressive strings of channel catfish and holds some very nice walleyes.
The Wolf Butterfield House served as a way station for the Butterfield Stage Line started by David Butterfield in 1865. The limestone house contained dining and sleeping faciltities as well as a tavern for stage line patrons.