LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Marion, Kansas

  • Central Park

    Central ParkCentral Park continues to be a favorite spot to gather for outdoor fun, or sometimes just a stoll among the century old Burr Oaks. The shade from these mighty oaks makes this an outdoor haven even du...
    Central Park
  • Marion County Lake and Park

    Marion County Lake and ParkMarion County Park and Lake is a favorite spot for fishermen, as they come from far and near to use the heated dock, where record-breaking fish have been caught. And they do catch 'em! Located near th...
    Marion County Lake and Park

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Elgin House Apartments

The Elgin House apartments was originally a 42 room hotel with a dining room that seated 80 guests, and provided billiard and card rooms. It was built in 1886 of native stone, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Marion, KS Historic Hotels

Presbyterian Church

The distinction of being the oldest church organization in Marion County belongs to the Presbyterian Church of Marion, which is also listed on the State Register of Historic Buildings. The native stone used to build this structure was cut in 1872

Marion, KS Historic Churches

Marion Country Club and Golf Course

If you take potential hazards as a personal challenge, then the Marion golf course heads the list. A natural creek meanders through the hilly nine hole course and provides plenty of challenges to golfers.

Marion, KS Golf Courses

Historic Homes Tour

The Marion Historic Committee has prepared a tour of designated historic homes within the city. These homes range in design of the oldest cut stone of the Wm. Kellison Home dating 1879 to the elegant Victorian examples of the early 1900's.

Marion, KS Historic Homes


Things to do near Marion, KS

The Old Onaga Hotel (B&B)

Onaga's "new" hotel officially opened to the traveling public in 1900 and its broad front porch still welcomes visitors to On...

St. John Lutheran Church

This beautiful native stone church was built in 1907. August Peters of Alma was contracted to construct the present native li...