Marion, North Carolina
Upcoming Events in Marion North Carolina
|10 - 25||
Pinto Acres Rodeo
- Pinto Acres is an Outdoor Rodeo Event: Includes Competitions in Bull Riding, Bare Back Bronc Riding, Steer Riding, Chute Doggin, Barrel Racing, Womans Breakaway Roping, & Team Roping. Kids Games, Concessions, and Opening Ceremonies performed by the Riding on Faith Flag Team. Open to the public - Registrations for competitors available on our website. Opening Day - April 20th with bi-weekly events through October 5th 2013
Address: 495 Marler Road, Marion NC , Marion, North Carolina
Lucky Strike Mine Celebration
- Celebrate Independence Day with a large BBQ followed by fantastic fireworks display. $6 fee includes BBQ plate, fireworks display, music, and activities. Please call for reservations; all-day; Lucky Strike Gold Mine.
July 4th Celebration
- Evening parade down Main Street in the heart of Historic Downtown Marion. Evening fireworks display.
Exit 85 or 86 off I-40 to US 221/NC 226 North. Take the business route to downtown Marion.
Address: Historic Carson House, Railroad Street , Marion, North Carolina
|13 - 14||
Overmountain Victory Trail Encampment
- Part of the National Historic Trail marking march from Abingdon, VA to Kings Mountain, SC during the Revolutionary Way. Encampment features period clothing and historical re-enactments, near Marion.
Exit 86 off I-40, US 226 south to Dysartsville.
Address: Dysartsville Community Center
Marion Christmas Parade
- Annual event marking the beginning of the Christmas season. Free. 3:00pm; Main Street, Downtown Marion.
Exits 85 or 86 off I-40 to US 221/NC 226 North. Take business route to downtown Marion.
Address: Main Street, Historic Downtown Marion
|15 - 2||
Blue Ridge Craft Show and Sale
- Featuring crafts from local artisans, including woodwork, paintings, photography, and various Christmas ornaments.
Exits 85 or 86 off I-40 to US 221/226 North (business) into downtown Marion.
Address: McDowell Arts Council Gallery, Main Street, Historic Downtown Marion
Annual Appalachian Potters Market
- Annual event featuring potters from across North Carolina. Some styles represented are raku, decorative stoneware, and traditional folk pottery. Items for sale include cookware, planters, jewelry, and Christmas ornaments. Raffle. 10am-4pm.
Address: McDowell High School,