Upcoming Events in Massillon Ohio
Towpath Trail Trout Derby for Children
- Children 5-15 years old are invited to fish for rainbow trout, trophies, and lots of door prizes at the Jack Cullen Memorial Trout Derby along the historic Ohio & Erie Canal at Lock 4 Park south of Canal Fulton. The derby is sponsored by the Stark County Park District, Stark County Federation of Conservation Clubs, and the Berkley Fishing Team. The 8-11 am event is free; adults may fish after the derby is over. No pre-registration required.
From Rt. 21, take Rt. 93 into Canal Fulton. Turn south on Canal Street, which becomes Erie Avenue as you leave the city. Lock 4 Park will be on your right if you are driving south.
Plan to spend the afternoon at the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Canton Classic Car Museum, First Ladies Library, or Discover World at the McKinley Museum and Monument. You can also rent bicycles or canoe the Tuscarawas River.
|24 - 8||
Gravestones, Lanterns & Legends
- Join your period dressed guide and follow the light of her lantern into this 60 acre cemetery! Learn gravestone symbolism, hear ghostly tales and observe some beautiful monuments. This tour appeals to ghosthunters, history buffs and those who just like cemeteries! Can you venture into the shadows of the cemetery without looking over your shoulder? Two Fridays in October.
1/2 of the proceeds benefit the Massillon Cemetery Association.
Haunted Heartland Tours was voted in the Top 10 Best Ghost Tours in 2007 by Haunted America and past tour guests! Program by Sherri Brake-Recco
|13 - 2||Stark County Artists Exhibition - A juried exhibition featuring two- and three-dimensional artwork by Stark County residents, former residents, or workers.|
|27 - 28||
- Located in Massillon's beautiful Reservoir Park, RezzyFest is a non-commercial winter festival with family flair.
It features chainsaw woodcarving demonstrations (work for sale and auction), ice sculptors, music, continuous chidren's storytime inside an igloo, a miniature train ride for children and adults, and children's winter-themed games and crafts. Pro Football HOF ribs burn-off winners Old Carolina Barbecue & Catering Co. serve pulled pork sandwiches and soup.
Custom-designed and crafted lighting displays depict Massillon's steam engine and auto manufacturing, the canal era, and winter fun.
Admission is free; a small charge covers the cost of game prizes and crafts.
Community Candlelight Walk
- Seven historic churches (three on the National Register) provide free, continuous musical programs. Historic Fourth Street (also a national Register site) is lined with 700 luminaria and choral and instrumental ensembles. The Washington High School choir provides a culminating concert at St. Mary Church.
The public strolls the 12-block historic area among the beautifully decorated sites, enjoying complimentary coffee and cookies and more music outside Massillon Public Library. The event--sponsored by the Massillon Area Chamber of Commerce, the Washington High School Vocal Music Department, The Independent, FirstMerit Bank, and CHARM--is free and open to all. Participants may start at any point, though most start at St. Joseph Church on South Street at the corner of Third Street SE and finish at St. Mary Church on Cherry Road at the corner of First Street NE.
Massillon Train and Toy Show
- 1. 148 - 8' dealer tables @ $20 each
2. Time: 10 AM to 3 PM
3. Setup time for dealers: 6 AM to 9:45 AM
4. Over 650 adults attended in 12/10; Over 55 dealers attended in 12/10
5. Established show since 1984
6. Trains of all gauges (N,HO,S,O,Standard,G)
7. Two running layouts
8. Parts, videos, collectibles, farm & vintage toys, die-cast models, t-shirts
9. Good food & drink
10. Lots of free parking
Travel State Route 21 through Massillon, turn west onto Cherry Road, travel less than one-half mile west over bridge, through an S-shaped curve, and up a rise to the K of C Hall on your right! Parking lots on either side of building, and public entrance facing Cherry Road. Welcome to all!
Address: Massillon Knights of Columbus Hall, 988 Cherry Road NW, Massillon, Ohio 44647 , Massillon, Ohio