Medicine Lodge, Kansas
Upcoming Events in Medicine Lodge Kansas
- Half or full day tours of the Gypsum Hills of Barber County with experienced guides to identify wildflowers. Second Saturday. 8:30-Noon & 8:30am-4pm.
Address: 401 El Dorado Ave, High School , Medicine Lodge, Kansas
|28 - 29||Junefest - First Weekend - Breakfast, street dance, kids' games, car and bike show, sidewalk sales, softball tournament, and memorial poker run. 7am-midnight.|
|29||Medicine Lodge City Wide Garage Sales - City Wide Garage Sales held during Junefest|
Fireworks at Barber County State Fishing Lake
- Fireworks over the lake. 8:30-11pm.
Address: West Side , Medicine Lodge, Kansas
|17 - 18||
Kansas Championship Ranch Rodeo
- The Annual KS Championship RANCH RODEO will be a "Festival of Kansas Ranch Cowboys" this Fall at the Pageant Rodeo Arena, coming together to compete for TOP Honors and the chance to qualify to go to the World Championship Ranch Rodeo. Ranch teams are invited to participate, qualified by the Working Ranch Cowboys Association, and ridin' and ropin' on great ranch horses in events like Calf Branding (with chalk), Team Penning, Cattle Doctoring, Double Mugging, Ranch Bronc Riding (ranch saddle), and the WILD Cow Milking! A number of Kansas Cowboys and their horses have earned high marks, not only in Kansas, but also at other Ranch Rodeos the World Championships. Other events include a Ranch Horse show, and A Cowboy Trappings (several champion Bit and Spur makers and Saddlemakers, Decor, and Fashio) and Agriculture Trade Show.
Address: 1/4 mile East on Hwy 160, 1/2 mile South on Rodeo Road , Medicine Lodge, Kansas
|17 - 19||
Medicine Lodge Peace Treaty Pageant
- Every Three years - 2015 - Last full weekend of September. The Indian Peace Treaty Pageant at Medicine Lodge, Kansas, commemorates the great peace council of 1867 between the U.S. Government and the proud civilization of the Plains Indians. The Pageant re-enacts the history of what is now the Central United States, telling of the discovery, exploration, and settlement of the Great Plains. Spanish Conquistadores, Mountain men, covered wagons, stagecoaches, great horsemen, and a longhorn cattle drive tell the story live in the natural amphitheater with the Gypsum Hills in the background - a National Historic Landmark.
Address: Hwy 160 E, Memorial Peace Park , Medicine Lodge, Kansas
|6||Veteran's Day Celebration - Veteran's recognition ceremony, memorabilia museum, and Veteran's Memorial viewing.|
|14||Merchant's Open House - Sunday before Thanksgiving - Merchant sales, carriage rides, and Santa house. 1-5pm.|
Walk through Bethlehem
- A live portrayal of the streets of Bethlehem. 45 minute tour. 1-5pm.
Address: 300 S Main, FCC Family Life Center , Medicine Lodge, Kansas