Rackett Grange Hall 318
Listed in the National Register of Historical Places
[GD04-002] Listed 2001/07/05
Constructed in 1926 the hall, located at the former town site of Rackett 25 miles north east of Oshkosh, is a one-story, false front commercial building. The Rackett Grange Hall #318
An early 1900s school house and an old opera house/theater located downtown are filled with historic items, Indian artifacts, fossils, and a bird collection of 300 stuffed specimens. A second museum building at the south end of Main at E Avenue is a larger building for larger exhibits.
Archaeological excavations in Ash Hollow indicate that early man used the area as much as
6,000 years ago. A small rock shelter in the side of the bluff near the park visitor center was used
as a campsite by later Plains Indians for about 3,000