An example of a pioneer home, the Davis log house was originally built in 1851 for local attorney Nathan H. Davis. Furniture and household belongings reflect the period 1850 to 1890. Adjacent to the museum is the Davis Law Office, built in 1845, which served as Davis' living quarters before the cottage was constructed. A copy of Dr. Charles B. Stewart's original drawing of his design of the Republic of Texas flag hangs in the museum. The museum is also home to a branch office of the Greater Conroe/Lake Conroe Area Chamber of Commerce.
Hours: Hours Open: Wed. - Sat. 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. Open daily Jun. - Aug.
Come visit us in Montgomery, Texas