North Newton is home of Bethel College. Built in 1888, the striking Bethel College Administration building made of Kansas limestone in the Romanesque Revival style attracted the community's attention from the very beginning.
The Newton Station, completed in 1930, was built during the Depression for 350,000. Modeled after Shakespeare's house at Stratford-on-Avon, the Newton Station was home to a Harvey House between 1930 and 1955
One of several parks in Newton, the Military Park is exceptional because it is home to Santa Fe steam engine #1880 (a Prairie class 2-6-2) and a Civil War-era cannon. It is also the location of the public library.
The Harvey County historical Museum and Libraryi is housed in a former Carnegie Library that served Newton and Harvey County residents until 1973. Completed in 1904, the library was built by a gift from Andrew Carnegie and is the oldest public building in town.
* Harvey County Hall: