North Platte, Nebraska
Upcoming Events in North Platte Nebraska
Super Bride Sunday
- Over 40 vendors that specialize in wedding services will be represented. The Super Bride Fashion Show will be at 3:00 p.m. The style show will showcase the latest in elegant, trendy & high fashion gowns, bridesmaids' & mothers' dresses, tuxedos and prom dresses.
Address: 2102 S. Jeffers/Sandhills Convention Center , North Platte, Nebraska
|23 - 24||
North Platte Outdoor Sport & Recreation Show
- Many outdoor & sport product exhibitors represent all kinds of outdoor activities. Main focus on hunting and fishing products but artwork, snacks, and spices are also featured. Family oriented with a variety of activities designed for children such as a casting contest, fishing simulation, and inflatable games. Informative speakers will also be there. Started in 1999 with an estimated 4-5000 people attending.
Saturday 9am to 6pm and Sunday 9am to 4pm
|27 - 28||
Buffalo Bill Farm & Ranch Expo
- Many FARM & RANCH vendors exhibit & demonstrate new equipment, technology, and new products such as new seed products & heating stoves. This event began in 1990 with an estimated 4-5000 people attending.
Wednesday 9am to 6pm, Thursday 9am to 4pm
|5 - 7||
- Friday, Noon - 8pm
Saturday 9:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M.
Sunday 10:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
NEBRASKAland Days Buffalo Bill Birthday Bash
- Celebrate the anniversary of the greatest showman in American history -- William F. Cody. The event includes sponsor hospitality booths, appetizer bar, fund raiser auctions, and live music from Free Beer and Chicken. A list of the auction items can be found at www.nebraskalanddays.com. Tickets for the event are $50 plus fees and will be available at the door. Skip the lines and purchase your tickets at www.nebraskalanddays.com. Ticket also available at the NEBRASKAland DAYS office, 509 East 4th Street, North Platte. Proceeds from the event will benefit the NEBRASKAland DAYS Foundation a 501(c)3 non-profit. 7:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
Address: Quality Inn & Suites, 2102 S. Jeffers , North Platte, Nebraska
|27 - 28||Cody Cruisers Cars Show - Check out Cody Cruisers Car Club's shiny, colorful, custom vehicles during Platte River Mall hours!!10:00 AM - 6:00 PM.|
Spring Craft Galore
- Crafts Galore featuring a variety of hand crafts, custom wood work and commercial vendors
Address: 1402 S Jeffers / Royal Colonial Inn , North Platte, Nebraska
|3 - 4||Arts & Crafts Show - Fri, 10am-9pm; Sat, 10am-9pm; Sun, Noon-6pm.|
Annual Train Show
- Annual train show, sponsored by the Nebraska West-Central division of the National Model Railroad Association. Train layouts and displays, vendor tables selling railroad items.
Hours: Saturday, 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Sunday, 10:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.
For additional information, contact:
P.O. Box 485
Sutherland, NE 69165
Address: D&N Event Center, 501 East Walker Road , North Platte, Nebraska
|22 - 24||
Annual Country Bluegrass Festival
- Three nights of Bluegrass, plus, classic car show, antique dealers, food kitchen, door prizes and drawings, workshops, camping and showers, showcase competition.
Camping & Showers at the Fairgrounds! Per night or multiple night rates.
Address: Lincoln County Fairgrounds, 5015 W. Hwy 30 , North Platte, Nebraska
|23 - 25||
Jame's O'Rourke Memorial Triathlon and Tinker Triathlon
- The triathlon unites and challenges the community, provides a goal and motivation for people to work toward in trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle, and is unique in its emphasis on participation, inclusion, and fitness. Both beginners and experienced triathletes feel at home. From its humble beginnings with just over 100 participants to well over 300 today, the triathlon has become a celebrated April event in western Nebraska. 7:00 AM - 1:00 PM.
Starting Friday with the kid's triathlon. Saturday is Triathlon day for Competitive and Relay divisions, as well as the Family Night Pasta & Hear Health Clinic. Sunday, participants in the fitness division will have their day to shine. Registration forms are available online.
Spring Fling Arts & Craft Show
- 14 years and growing, this years Spring Fling is sure to be bigger and better than ever. Lots of Crafts, Artists, Vendors & Home Based Businesses will be outside at North Platte's BEAUTIFUL 100 acre, Cody Park. Sunday from 10am-4pm Central time.
Address: 1520 North Jeffers St , North Platte, Nebraska
|1 - 22||
Stock Car Races
- Mini Sprints, IMCA Modified, IMCA Stock Cars, Late Models & Classic Modified.
May through August, Saturdays at 7pm.
Address: Lincoln County Fairgrounds , North Platte, Nebraska
Rock & Roll Ranch Party
- At the "The Rock & Roll Ranch Party" and we are getting everything in order for a very fun day! There will be classic cars displayed all day, all makes and models are invited! We are also going to have a bike show, so come and show off your ride! Peoples choice awards will be presented.
The musical entertainment has been set and music will be played throughout the event. On the bill will be "The Atomic Fireflies" playing 50's and 60's Rock and Roll. Also "Blazing Aces" will rock the joint with tunes of the early Rock Era.
Our evening show will feature the one and only Stanwood W. Sparrow Rock and Roll Comedy Show!
The event is a family style event for the entire family. Dress up in your best 50's costume as we want everyone to dress in the 50's and 60's styles. Prizes will be awarded. We have two special contests, the ELVIS look alike contest and the FONZY look alike contest! Prizes will be awarded!
This event will be a BLAST! See you at the Calhoun Ranch!
11:00 AM til 9:00 PM.
Address: 4847 West North River Road, North Platte, NE , North Platte, Nebraska
|2 - 5||
Miss Nebraska Scholarship Pageant
- The Miss Nebraska USA competition is the pageant that selects the representative for the state Nebraska in the Miss USA pageant.
Address: North Platte High School Performing Arts Center, 1220 W. 2nd St , North Platte, Nebraska
|9 - 19||NEBRASKAland DAYS - NEBRASKAland DAYS is a celebration of the state of Nebraska and its heritage. Consisting of parades, art shows, rodeos, concerts, and much, much more, NEBRASKAland DAYS is bar none the largest event in western Nebraska. Throughout the celebration, more than 100,000 people will come to North Platte to take part in the many festivities that this event offers. One can only imagine the efforts required by the individuals who organize an event of this size and amazingly enough, the majority of these individuals are strictly volunteers.|
|9 - 12||
Buffalo Bill Rodeo
- Repeatedly recognized by the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association as one of the best rodeos in America, the NEBRASKAland DAYS Buffalo Bill Rodeo never fails to amaze the audiences young and old, in the tradition of Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show. Presented under the western skies at the Wild West Arena, the Buffalo Bill Rodeo features world-class award-winning announcers, the meanest and rankest livestock, along with the world's best cowboys and cowgirls; this is an event that must be experienced in person. You just know that Buffalo Bill is proud of what we've continued.
It's a commonly known fact that Buffalo Bill Cody was the greatest showman to ever strut across an arena floor. His Wild West Show became a global phenomenon that is still well known and replicated to this day. The audiences that graced his shows could expect an exciting, adrenaline-pumping, nail-biting experience that they would never forget.
It's a less commonly known fact that North Platte, Nebraska was the location of his first show as well as the world's first rodeo. After the citizens of this Nebraska town begged Cody to throw a true Fourth of July Celebration, he created "The Old Glory Blowout" which took place on July 4, 1882. The unbelievable show featured events such as roping and buffalo riding and offered a prize of $25 for the best ride. 125 years later, the buffalo have been replaced with bulls and the $25 prize is replaced with a purse exceeding $30,000.
|12 - 13||
Heritage Festival Tractor Show and Rodeo
- Antique tractor and implement display and demonstrations; tractor rodeo on Sunday, historic demonstrations, food and entertainment.
Address: Lincoln County Historical Museum, 2403 N. Buffalo Bill Ave. , North Platte, Nebraska
|12 - 13||
- Antique tractor and implement display and demonstrations; tractor rodeo on Sunday, historic demonstrations, food and entertainment. Held in conjunction with NEBRASKAland Days Festival.
Address: Lincoln County Historical Museum, 2403 N. Buffalo Bill Ave , North Platte, Nebraska
|12 - 13||North Platte Woodcarvers Artistry in Wood - North Platte Woodcarvers Artistry in Wood Show features many woodcarvers from throughout Nebraska and the great plains. Usually held in conjunction with NEBRASKAland DAYS.|
|27 - 29||
- Queen coronation, dance, mariachi band, ethnic food & more!
Contact Juan or Esther Carrizales for more information.
Address: D & N Event Center, 501 East Walker Road , North Platte, Nebraska
|2 - 4||
Sutherland Rodeo and 4th of July Celebration
- One of the oldest 4th of July celebrations in the state, the award winning Rodeo and 4th of July celebration in Sutherland is two days chock full of fun! Events include a 5K, kids races, toad races, bbq, parade, two nights of open amateur rodeo and concert entertainment.
Address: Downtown and Lincoln County Fairgrounds, 5015 W. Hwy 30 , North Platte, Nebraska
|21 - 26||Lincoln County Fair - For the last 120 years, the Lincoln County Fair has provided entertainment to thousands of area residents. The children of the county have won blue ribbon after blue ribbon, showing animals of every kind, size and shape. Adults and kids alike have created a masterpiece in art projects. Green thumbs, both novice and pro, have grown vegetables of every variety. It's no secret that the Lincoln County Fair is where it's at. The food is second to none, and the entertainment is first rate. Bring the entire family - come on out and enjoy the fun. You will find something for everyone at the Lincoln County Fair!|
|3 - 5||Col. Cody Cruise Show & Shine - Annual Col. Cody Cruise Show & Shine. 3 days of fun filled family car show fun. Friday night BBQ and prizes. Saturday show, meal, and prizes also. Sunday awards and prizes.|
Arts in the Park
- One of Nebraska's premiere craft shows, this year will be one to remember. Live music & lots of exciting things happening for the 40th Anniversary!! Food, Entertainment & LOTS of shopping! We have over 100 Artists & Crafters come every year to North Platte's beautiful Cody Park.
Address: Cody Park, 1520 North Jeffers , North Platte, Nebraska
|15 - 16||
Nebraska Country Music Festival
- Performer and songwriter contests, seminars and great country music for everyone to enjoy. Folks come from all over to sing and listen to great country music.
|26 - 29||Cody Park Winter Wonderland - Drive through the North Pole and watch Santa and his Elves in Santa's Workshop. Concession Stand, Merry-go-Round rides & more. Through Christmas Eve.|
|28 - 21||
Christmas at the Cody's
- The 1886 mansion, 1887 horse barn, log cabin and other outbuildings all have exterior lights. The mansion will have 18 lighted and decorated Christmas trees and decorations in the interior. There will be a large lighted and decorated Christmas tree in the barn where visitors can make their own ornament to hang on the tree. Santa Claus will be there for the children, Buffalo Bill will talk to visitors, and music will once again flow from the old piano in the mansion. Outside there will be roasted chestnuts, hot apple cider and cookies. Draft horse-drawn hay rack rides will also be available, weather permitting. Admission is $8 for adults and $5 for children 4 - 12. Children 3 and under FREE. Park entry permit required. 5:30-8 p.m.
Address: Buffalo Bill State Historical Park, 2921 Scout's Rest Ranch Rd , North Platte, Nebraska
|30 - 23||Cody Park Winter Wonderland - Drive through the North Pole and watch Santa and his Elves in Santa's Workshop. Concession Stand, Merry-go-Round rides & more. Through Christmas Eve.|