Built between 1833 and 1840, this National Historic Landmark is one of the best-preserved examples of a civic building in the Greek Revival style of architecture. It originally housed the governor's office, cabinet offices, legislative chambers, state library and state geologist's office. The building has been restored to its 1840s appearance. Currently the governor maintains offices on the first floor.
Come visit us in Raleigh, North Carolina