LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Claremore, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Radium Town and the Keller Bath House

An area in the north section of Claremore was once known as RADIUM TOWN. George Eaton owned the first oil company in town. In 1903, he was drilling east of town for oil or gas. Instead, he found a "rotten-egg-smelling"

Claremore, OK Historic Buildings

Christ Presbyterian Church

The Christ Presbyterian Church was purchased from the First United Methodist Church in 1990. In 1882, a one-room frame building was constructed after $500 was given by the Methodist General Conference to erect a house of worship. The church was served by "Circuit Rider" preachers until 1907

Claremore, OK Historic Churches

Rogers County Courthouse

The county dedicated its first Court House in 1937, 30 years after statehood. The decision was made to purchase the property and went to the vote of the people. The bond issue failed twice but finally carried on the third try. There have been several additions to the original building.

Claremore, OK Historic Courthouses

Old Armory

The Oklahoma National Guard Armory was built by the WPA in 1936 during President Franklin D. Roosevelt's term and was constructed by local Claremore residents with the sandstone unearthed in Oklahoma. During the 1940'

Claremore, OK Historic Buildings

J. M. Davis Arms & Historic Museum

The Davis Arms Museum contains the world's largest collection of guns with over 20,000 on display. It is also the home for a large collection of John Rogers statuaries, a stein collection, swords, saddles, Indian artifacts,

Claremore, OK Museums

Things to do near Claremore, OK

Recreation

Deer and Small Game - Deer and small game are found in...

Cherokee Square Monuments

Several monuments of interest have been erected on Cherokee Square surrounding the Capitol Building.

Bartlesville Museum in the Price Tower

Permanent and special exhibits. ...