LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Old Fort Graham


category : Museums
A U.S. military post was established in 1849 at Fort Graham. As the line of settlement moved westward, the need for the fort became less and troops were withdrawn in 1853. The original location of the fort lies in the Lake Whitney bed. When the lake was built, much of the ruins and rock were transported to a new site and used in the reconstruction of Old Fort Graham. A one-room rock building houses mementos of the early days of Whitney and other artifacts.


Hours: Memorial Day - Labor Day Sat. 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., Sun. 1 - 4 p.m.
Address: North on F.M. 933 to F.M. 2604 to Pioneer Cove.

Come visit us in Whitney, Texas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Arts Unlimited

Arts Unlimited features a collection of artists'

Whitney, TX Arts

Old Fort Graham

A U.S. military post was established in 1849 at Fort Graham. As the line of settlement moved westward, the need for the fort became less and troops were withdrawn in 1853

Whitney, TX Museums

White Bluff Resort -The New

Course Access: Semi-Private
Holes: 18
Reserve Advance Tee Times: 7

Whitney, TX Golf Courses

White Bluff Resort -The Old

Course Access: Semi-Private
Holes: 18
Reserve Advance Tee Times: 7

Whitney, TX Golf Courses

Lake Whitney Golf & Tennis Club

Course Access: Semi-Private
Holes: 18
Reserve Advance Tee Times: 1

Whitney, TX Golf Courses

Things to do Museums near Whitney, TX

Burleson County Historical Museum

The Burleson County Historical Museum houses items and relics of area pioneers, plus exhibits about Fort Tenoxtitln, a fort e...

Hood County Museum and Jail

Exhibits and displays of the original jail cells from 1885, the hanging, displays of Davy Crockett family, Jesse James, John ...

Dilue Rose Harris House Museum

Made of unusual Tabby construction, the Dilue Rose Harris House Museum is as important for its architecture as for the person...

Texas Baptist Historical Center & Museum

Organized in 1839, this park is an integral part of one of Texas' most historic sites. The original site of Baylor University...