Orange Grove, Texas
Orange Grove is located in Jim Wells County. The townsite was part of the Ventana Ranch. In 1889 when the railroad reached the area, ranch owners donated land to the railroad for a stop on the ranch. In 1908, 2,500 acres of land were cut from the ranch lands for the development of the town. A large portion of the land was sold to German settlers from other predominantly German Texas towns. Orange Grove was named for the growing citrus industry in the Lower Rio Grande Valley.
Today, prime farms and ranching facilities sustain the economy. Year-round hunting opportunities abound in the area. Nearby lakes and the Texas coast provide excellent boating and fishing facilities.