This land office building was built in 1854 and was used by the first mayor of Osawatomie, H. B. Smith, and his brother who were the first land patent agents in the territory. It was deeded to the city in 1954 by A. W. Youngberg as a memorial to his wife.
The Creamery Bridge which spans the Marais des Cygnes River at Eighth Street is one of two Marsh Arch triple span bridges located at Osawatomie. The other spans the Pottawatomie Creek, and both are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The territorial log cabin, which now houses the John Brown Museum, was built in 1854 as the home of Reverend Samuel L. and Florella (John Brown's half sister) Adair. The home was frequented by Brown during his several journeys to Kansas between 1855 and 1858.
The Adairs shared John Brown'