Archaeological excavations in Ash Hollow indicate that early man used the area as much as
6,000 years ago. A small rock shelter in the side of the bluff near the park visitor center was used
as a campsite by later Plains Indians for about 3,000
Rackett Grange Hall 318
Listed in the National Register of Historical Places
[GD04-002] Listed 2001/07/05
Constructed in 1926 the hall, located at the former town site of Rackett 25 miles north east of Oshkosh, is a one-story, false front commercial building. The Rackett Grange Hall #318
Oshkosh Country Club is a well-kept, nine-hole golf course located near the North Platte River. Beautiful scenery abounds and occasionally wildlife can be observed. The par 36 hole course will test every golfer. League activities prevail during the summer weekdays, including men's, women'
An early 1900s school house and an old opera house/theater located downtown are filled with historic items, Indian artifacts, fossils, and a bird collection of 300 stuffed specimens. A second museum building at the south end of Main at E Avenue is a larger building for larger exhibits.