Upcoming Events in Pawnee Oklahoma
Pawnee Band Day Parade
- One of Oklahoma's oldest and largest one day music festivals. Annually attracts thousands of school age musicians from across the state for the Parade,Contests, and Carnival. 8 am.
Ph: 918 762 3676 (Always call and confirm events)
Lion's Easter Egg Hunt
- Began in 1929 with 10,000 eggs hidden. Happens every year the Saturday before Easter.
Address: Pawnee Bill Ranch , Pawnee, Oklahoma
Easter Sunrise Service and Breakfast
- Address: Pawnee Bill Ranch Site , Pawnee, Oklahoma
Ph: 918-762-2513 (Always call and confirm events)
|23 - 25||
OSTA Steam and Gas Engine Show
- All roads lead to Pawnee the first full weekend in May for three days (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) for one of the largest displays of the giant machines at work in the country ... The largest in the southwest. A festival of fun, food, arts and crafts, antiques, flea markets, parades, and entertainment. A day in times gone by.
The Oklahoma Steam Threshing and Gas engine Association was originally called the Oklahoma Steam Threshers association when it was organized in Waukomis, Oklahoma in 1966. It is a state chartered, non-profit organization dedicated to the restoration and preservation of the history and agriculture of the plains states. Each member owns and maintains his own collection of equipment with restoration done throughout the year in preparation for demonstrating the farming methods of the early 1900s.
Memorial Day Ceremony at Veteran's Memorial
- Address: Downtown , Pawnee, Oklahoma
Ph: 918-762-2667 (Always call and confirm events)
|5 - 19||
The Original Pawnee Bill's Wild West Show and Festival
- Last 3 Saturdays. The 2 "Bills" were pioneers of the old west. Major Gordon W. Lillie was given the name Pawnee Bill by the Pawnees when he came to Indian Territory as a young boy of seventeen. Pawnee Bill and Buffalo Bill rode together in what was to be the first of the Wild West Shows in 1883. "The Only Show of its Kind" - A show that once toured across America and Europe - Thrilling young and old has now become an annual event with a cast of 100's re-enacting the world famous Pawnee Bill Wild West Show. Each summer the hill side on BlueHawk Peak at the Pawnee Bill Buffalo Ranch comes alive with trick riders, trick ropers, shootings, hangings - a battle between the cowboys and Indians ... it's the west at its best.
In conjunction with The Pawnee Bill Wild West Show, come downtown on the square for arts and crafts, entertainment, and rides - Friday through Sunday. FAST DRAW COMPETITION Saturday. The west at its best!
Address: Pawnee Bill Ranch , Pawnee, Oklahoma
|24 - 27||
Pawnee Indian Veterans Homecoming & Powwow
- The Pawnees moved to Oklahoma Territory in 1874 and to this day retain many of their ancestors beliefs and customs. A ceremony and homecoming dance for the braves who died in battle and honoring the returning warriors has become the "World's Largest 'Free' Pow Wow."
* Most colorful outdoor spectacle in America
* Four nights - Thursday through Sunday
* Native costumes, snake dances, eagle dances, and much more
* Parade in downtown Pawnee - Saturday at noon
* Its all FREE
Weekend of the 4th of July each year - Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
|30||Independence Day Celebration - Traditional ride-in breakfast, 7:00 a.m., Pawnee Bill Ranch on Saturday. Family fun, games and activities on the courthouse lawn. Turtle races, money scramble, egg toss, sack races, boot throw, water-balloon volleyball, music. Old-fashioned family fun at its best! 10:00 p.m.|
|17 - 22||Cattle Drive and Trail Ride - In preparation for the Pawnee Bill Memorial Rodeo, 100 head of longhorn cattle are driven 50 miles over 5 days. Wagons, chuck wagons, cowboys, and spectators are all welcome. Camp out at night with the cowboys under the stars. Join them around the campfire for stories and singing.|
KCBS Barbeque Cook-off
- KCBS Barbeque cook-off, CASI Cowboy Chili Challenge, Rodeo Parade.
Address: Downtown Pawnee. , Pawnee, Oklahoma
|29 - 31||
Pawnee Bill Memorial Rodeo
- Become a part of the cattle drive and wagon trains, judge the chili and barbecue cook-offs, buy some cowboy crafts, and enjoy rides and games...
AND the toughest sport in the country - Bulls, broncs and beauties; clowns, kids, and cowboys - Wild cow milkin', wild horse racin', wild? sheep ridin' ... It's fun, it's exciting, it's RODEO!
August each year, a weekend of family entertainment, 3 big nights; Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Cook-off and parade downtown, Saturday.
|2||Dick Tracy Day - Commences with a Noon parade, Costume contest, kids events, kid I.D., educational events and Oklahoma cartoonists. 12:00 pm.|
Veteran's Day Ceremony
- Walk of Honor. Downtown Pawnee. 10 am.
Ph: 918 762 4681 (Always call and confirm events)
|13||Festival of Lights Parade - Lights on, Parade of Lights, Kids activities, Santa, Stores open late.|
Times Square in Pawnee
- Courthouse Square Ball Drop Celebration with Bon Fire, Music, Carriage rides, Black eyed peas, Hot Chocolate, Lighted Ball Drop, and Fireworks. 11:00 PM.