When the First Christian Church (aka Pierce City Christian Church) in Pierce City closed, its board decided to give the building to the community for a library. The building served as Pierce City's public library from 1933-2000
The Chapman School was built in 1884 and originally located on the Chapman property about 2 miles from the Park. First called the "Hazel Hill," the school was later renamed "Hazel Dell," and eventually "Chapman." When it was closed in 1951
THIS BUILDING WAS DEMOLISHED AFTER EXTENSIVE DAMAGE FROM THE MAY 4, 2003, TORNADO. THE FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH'S NEW BUILDING IS LOCATED ON HWY 97 JUST NORTH OF LAWRENCE COUNTY ROAD 2220 (POWERLINE ROAD).
The Friendship Baptist Church was organized in 1840