Upcoming Events in Prague Oklahoma
- The Easter Bunny is bringing over 3,000 eggs filled with prizes and goodies, so be sure and bring your Easter basket and come join in the FUN! Toddlers through 5th graders are invited to participate in the Egg Hunt, which will be divided into age groups. Pictures with the Easter Bunny will also be available for $1. Sponsored by the Prague Chamber of Commerce and Prague Boy Scout Troop 485, the Egg Hunt will begin at 1:00 p.m. in the City Park at Pavilion #2.
Address: City Park, Hwy 62W , Prague, Oklahoma
Dusty Pony Benefit Trailride
- Come to the Dusty Pony Trailride at Prague Lake! This is a benefit trailride to raise money for the new Seminole County Fairgrounds. The ride will be held Saturday, April 27th and guided rides will begin at 10:00. Registration is $35 and includes riding fees and lunch. If registered by March 30 you will receive a free t-shirt!
- Every first Saturday in May, the citizens of Prague welcome people from around the world to join them in celebrating the rich Czech culture that played a vital role in the city's founding. The Kolache Festival is not just about dance, song, food, crafts, parades, carnival rides, and royalty. The Kolache Festival represents the best of Czech tradition and culture. It symbolizes the warmth and fellowship of the Bohemian people.
The largest one-day arts and crafts show in the state is set up in the northwest section of the City park and opens at 9:00 a.m. An amusement carnival is based on the southeast edge of the park with rides and games for all ages.
At 11:00 a.m. one of Oklahoma's largest parades starts at the west edge of town and makes its way through downtown Prague ending at the south edge of town. Residents dressed in colorful and brightly decorated Czech costumes can be seen along the parade route. Floats, bands, beautiful girls, horses, clowns, and the world famous Shriners make up the two-hour parade.
Free entertainment ranging from singers, dancers, bands, gymnasts, are guaranteed to please the curiosity of all. Entertainers may be seen at open grandstands in the park, and strolling through the streets.
Food and souvenir booths line either side of Main Street. Visitors can feast on the locally made smoked Czech sausages, klobase, as well as satisfy their sweettooth with the favorite flavor KOLACHE. Other ethnic foods such as Indian tacos, and Polish hot dogs can also be found on the food route.
A Czech costume judging contest plus folk and Czech dancers add an array of color to the festival and bring out the heritage of our first settlers.
The crowning of the KOLACHE FESTIVAL ROYALTY, at 6:15 p.m. is one of the highlights of a full day of fun. At 7:00 p.m. the new queen customarily starts off the famous polka street dance that continues until 11:00 p.m.
Ph: 405-567-4866 (Always call and confirm events)
Western Fair Trail Ride & Family Fun Day
- The Annual Western Fair Trail Ride & Family Fun Day begins with an 8.3 mild ride around the lake, a live auction will be held in the afternoon with the day ending with a delicious pulled pork dinner with all the fixin's. Activities for the family include inflatables, games, sack races and more. Information and online registration is available online - just click on the Western Fair Trail Ride link. 405-273-1539 or 405-997-5990.
Address: Prague Lake , Prague, Oklahoma
|2||Fourth of July Festival - Begins in the morning with the Posting of the Colors by the American Legion in the city park, followed by a parade with children on decorated bicycles, roller skates, and wagons. The day includes horseshoe, volleyball, and softball tournaments, $1 swimming, and concludes with a beautiful fireworks display. 9am-10pm.|
City Wide Garage Sale
- FIRST SATURDAY - This event features dozens of garage sales throughout the city and surrounding rural area. A map printed in advance "pinpoints" the location of each garage sale and is available at the Chamber office.
Ph: 405-567-2616 (Always call and confirm events)
|25||Annual Quilt Show and Pumpkin Festival - Pumpkin decorating and pie-eating contest, quilt raffle, hay rides, petting zoo, crafts, 5K run/walk, chili cookoff, antique tractors, flower sale, and live entertainment. 9am - 3 pm.|
- FIRST SATURDAY - This is the primary fundraiser of the Chamber. Hundreds of donated items, (including weekend getaways, food & gas coupons, sport passes, and much more) are auctioned off by a local auctioneer. Free food and drinks are available.
Christmas in the Park
- SATURDAY AFTER THANKSGIVING - This is when people gather in the park to view several Christmas scenes created by various local civic organizations and churches. Santa makes his appearance in the gazebo to visit all of the children and to hand out candy.
Ph: 405 567-2616 (Always call and confirm events)